Intelligence Analyst - Japanese Language Skills - Stamford, CT and New York, NY
About Point72 Asset Management:
Point72 Asset Management (“Point72”) is a global private asset management firm managing the assets of its founder, Steven A. Cohen, and employees. Point72 focuses primarily on discretionary long/short equity investing and makes significant quantitative and macro investments. The firm is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and maintains offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
About the Function/Department:
The Intelligence Team monitors employee activity for evidence of violations of applicable federal securities laws, internal compliance policies and procedures, and relevant rules and regulations enforced by the SEC, FINRA, and other organizations. The Intelligence Analyst Associate will work closely with a senior Intelligence Officers to use unique datasets, specialized tools, and network analysis techniques to identify and analyze risks to the firm. The Intelligence Team is expected to produce a range of sophisticated short and long term analytic products with an emphasis on using in-depth research and assimilation of data from many disparate sources, usually under tight time constraints, to craft a tightly-integrated written product. This position is based in New York, but focuses on our offices in Asia.
The Intelligence Analyst will be expected to:
- Identify and compile/organize relevant information from a variety of sources including; proprietary research, trading data, communications, market information and open sources to inform analysis
- Conduct routine reviews of employee communications for potential violations of relevant laws, rules, regulations and policies when warranted
- Populate, update, and maintain multiple databases
A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale is required, as well as 1-3 years of experience working as an intelligence analyst, investigator, or in other analytic role. Competitive candidates typically will have higher GPAs, relevant experience, excellent analytical and research skills, strong attention to detail, and strong verbal presentation and writing skills, including the demonstrated ability to write clear and concise text.
- Near native fluency in Japanese
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels, both within the firm and externally
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to quickly changing priorities, and be a strong team player
- Strong attention to detail
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.